Dear BLA Community,
As you know, the Board has two positions for elected seats becoming available.
a. Election day and voting time period will take place May 2nd-6th during normal school hours (7:30a.m.-315:p.m. at Banning Lewis Preparatory Academy).
b. The official ballot is attached below:
c. The candidate information is attached below:
- Deanna Voss Application
- Eileen Krauth Application
- Guin Leeder Application
- Kimberly Whitten-Chung Application
- Leigh Bolton Application
- Lepha Falcon Application
d. The candidates will be provided an opportunity to speak at the candidate forum on April 19th, at the Regular Monthly Scheduled Board Meeting, 6:30p.m. in the Banning Lewis Ranch Academy Library.
e. The election result for the two elected seats becoming available will take place at the Regular Monthly Scheduled Board Meeting on May 17th, at 6:00p.m. in the Banning Lewis Ranch Academy Library. Ballots will be tallied at the board meeting on May 17th, after which the board will announce the newly elected members. The two candidates with the most votes will fill the two elected seat positions. In the event of a tie, a run-off vote will be held immediately at the May board meeting with present eligible voters. The newly elected board members will officially take office beginning with the July board meeting.
f. The voter eligibility information is as follows: Parents or legal guardians of children who attend the school(s) shall be eligible to vote in school elections. Such parents or legal guardians shall cast one ballot, regardless of the number of children they have enrolled in the school. No family shall cast more then two ballots maximum per family. For the purpose of the election, a family is defined by the primary address listed for enrolled students in the school enrollment database (voter and student information must match).
g. Voting process information (instructions) are included on the ballot and are as follows:
1) Cast one vote for each open position (2), with only one vote per candidate. Casting a vote for more candidates than there are openings or casting more than one vote per candidate will invalidate your ballot and it will not be counted. There is no cumulative voting (i.e., for the two open positions, you cannot combine your two votes and vote them both for the same candidate; instead, you must cast your two votes for two different candidates; however, you may choose to cast only one vote for a single candidate).
2) Print and sign your name, fill in date, and print the name of the eldest child enrolled at BLRA or BLPA and their primary enrollment address below to allow for the voter eligibility determination. Incomplete ballots will not be counted.
3) Fold the top of the ballot down to the dotted line and stable or tape the ballot closed. In order to maintain anonymity, the signature portion will be removed before the ballots are counted.
4) Return the ballot to the school and place in the ballot box in the BLPA office no later than May 6 th , 2022, 3:15pm.
Again, in order to be counted, ballots must be completely filled out including printed name of the voter, signature of the voter, and the printed primary address and name of eldest student(s) enrolled in BLRA/BLPA. All ballots must be received no later than the timeline given. Ballots that fail to meet these criteria will be considered spoiled and will not be counted. Determinations concerning spoiled ballots will be made by the Election Committee and are final.
BLA Election Committee