Dear BLA Community,
The following is the information for appointed vacancies for the BLA Board of Directors
- There are two Board vacancies that will be appointed
- The vacancies are for Seat F (vacant July 1, 2022, and expires on June 30, 2025), and Seat G (currently vacant and expiring on June 30, 2023).
- The appointment application dates are Friday, May 20th-Wednesday, May 25th between 7:30 and 3:30 p.m.
- The date of the final determination will be no later than June 10th, 2022
- The Board of Directors’ email address is: Boardblra@blracademy.org
- Application instructions are as follows: Please note the Application Policy is currently under review/revision, and the instructions for the application process in this announcement are binding.
- Applications submitted for prior election or appointment cycles are not considered valid and the candidate will not be considered for appointment. Therefore, prior candidates must re-submit an application (may use prior application).
- Early or late applications will not be accepted or considered under any circumstances.
- Prior to submitting the application, all applicants shall have read the Banning Lewis Ranch Academy Bylaws, the Banning Lewis Ranch Academy Charter School Contract, the Appointed and Elected Eligibility Policy, and the Code of Conduct. All applicants must be prepared to sign the Banning Lewis Ranch Academy Board Member Code of Conduct agreement if they are appointed, as well as abide by all bylaws and policies.
- Candidates shall submit their signed application to the Banning Lewis Preparatory Academy no later than Wednesday, May 25th at 3:30 p.m., as well as a soft copy: A soft copy of the application must also be emailed to the Board of Directors’ email address Boardblra@blracademy.org Subject line must include candidates first and last name along with the statement “Attn: Board of Directors, Board Candidacy Application”
- Applications are not considered properly completed or received until both the signed hardcopy and softcopy of the application have been received.
- Please be sure to review the Appointment Policy for additional provisions surrounding the expectations/requirements around the appointment. *All foreseen revisions to the Appointment Policy have been integrated with the foregoing announcement.
BLA Board of Directors Appointment Committee